Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 8: Climbing at the Lounge

John Smith and I made our way back down to South Park. I quickly wasted no time in QUICKLY setting up an anchor on the first tree I saw, having scoped out a number of routes I wanted to do the day before when I was there by myself.

It turned out the route I set up was nice and steep which could be done a number of ways. It was great!

John's next door neighbor's brother, Bill Liske is a guide in the Ouray area and he met us there. Turns out all the people climbing around us all knew him and we were instantly semi locals all of a sudden. Bill and Jim do great work for the Nepal DZI organization and it was my great pleasure to meet these guys!

This is a shot from the top of our anchor at the western most side of South Park. You can see clear to the middle of this crag where the gorge turns to the right across the top of the image for routes 1 thru 11.

John Smith on this most excellent line.

No comments:

Post a Comment