Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 7: Going Commando


The main contingent of the crew were vying for a photo op on the money shot next to the bridge which included "Berserker and Pic of the Vic and Duncan's deight ". I knew I could scratch my way up these climbs in my dreams any time I wanted.... I really was more interested on this day about a fast set up and max burn on the guns since the next day would be our last here. I walked down to South Park again since it has a wide range of climbs and very easy walk down access to the base of the climbs. He is a photo compilation by John Smith of this awesome photo-op ( no climbers were killed during this photo session).


Laura Mack, with her homespun NOMIC tool tether.

I set up on "super funtime WI4"'s Ice column not really knowing the grade involved . I was alone. I made it to the base and immediately hooked up with odd number of people who could share belays. It was great!

I showed up by myself and climbed my ass off the rest of the day. Kevin and I climbed until he had to leave and I was handed off to Loraborabora and Jessica Fabio from Denver! Lora was a solid dynamo who led " Not without my Anus" WI3 like it was nothing.

I also climbed with Carolyn (C1)and Carolyn (C2) from Ottowa who were participating this weeke in the chicks with picks production. They were a hoot.

Later on in the day John Smith showed up and we climbed until dark. We moved the line over to a line next to the pillar and up a ice gully which was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment