Friday, January 20, 2012

Day One 2012

The First day of our yearly visit to the small mining town of Ouray Colorado for a week of ice climbing presented a gloriously warm day in the 40s with hero ice that was drippy by days end. It was warn. The day started at 24 degrees and ramped up into unthinkable temps. The best parts of this beginning is we have the park to ourselves . Gone is the zoo-like atmosphere of the ice festival of week one and vacationers of MLK weekend. I climbed today with no hat, 2 pair of work gloves that I brought along, that get wet from use since they really aren't climbing gloves of breathable material, and my base layer. I wore my nano-puff but I was roasting, if you can imagine thins while ice climbing. I never broke out my guide gloves or mittens. We climbed at the school room on WI3s and WI4s just of the couch and we all looked great for thr first day. Tomorrow we'll hit the Scottish gullies and TR WI3-WI5. FK who cares it is all Top Rope (TR). should be much colder tomorrow from here on out. pictures to follow

=======
Vincent

Dot & Spot


xtrian


Dot and Ross Downer



Court

John Smith, aka, John Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment